Purpose – Drew Charter School serves as a key component of the cradle-to-college pipeline within the holistic East Lake neighborhood revitalization. Appreciating our unique status as a mixed-income school, Drew Charter School’s primary purpose is to provide an excellent education to all children living in the Villages of East Lake so that each student reaches his or her full potential and is launched on a pathway to health, impact and prosperity.
Vision – Drew Charter School students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change in the world.
Mission – Drew Charter School is an exemplary, innovative education community that empowers all students to achieve their full potential.
Shout Outs to. . .
- The Legacy Class of 2017, who graduated on Saturday! In case you missed it, APS has a stream of it here.
- Jamilah El-Amin for singing the national anthem
- Roland Blanding for providing the welcome
- Salutatorian Zoe Andrews and Valedictorian Gloria Kitchens for their speeches
- Tyler Sturdivant for winning the speech contest to present the keynote address
- Harris’ dancers who performed
- All faculty and staff for the love, time and energy they gave to our students this year!
- All the legacy teachers and staff for the countless hours of work they’ve put into our seniors over the past four years, particularly our founding counselor, Ms. Kaney, and our founding teachers:
- Ms. Colbert
- Ms. Harris
- Mr. McCullough
- Mr. Sessoms
- Ms. Ulbrich
- Ms. White
- Everyone who contributed to the graduation of the Legacy Class! I would inevitably leave someone out, so I won’t name names here, but it was a tremendous team effort and ended up being a beautiful event!
- The boys and girls golf teams who are competing at the State Tournament! The boys are currently in 2nd and the girls are currently 6th place!
- Mr. Myers & senior students for their help planning this week’s talent show & assembly!
- The Senior Team for organizing the Senior Week activities!
- Coach Tracy and the Eagle Nation Booster Club for organizing the SA Spring All-Sports Banquet last Tuesday night!
- Ms. Davis for help in auditing Senior Transcripts!
- Ms. Desprez for her work producing Drew’s first hardback yearbook for the Legacy Class!
- Ms. Simmons & Mr. Baker for organizing the junior bowling trip!
- The 9th grade team for the Girl Rising Symposium!
- The chorus and Mr. Sessoms chorus for an excellent performance last week!
- Monday, May 22nd – B Day
- State Golf Tournament [Warner Robins]
- 3rd Period – 3B Final Exam
- Flex Time – Clubs
- 4th Period – 4B Final Exam
- Tuesday, May 23rd – A Day
- State Golf Tournament [Warner Robins]
- 3rd Period – 3A Final Exam
- Flex Time – Advisory/Locker clean out
- 4th Period – 4A Final Exam
- Wednesday, May 24th – B Day
- 1st Period – 1B Final Exam
- 2nd Period – 2B Final Exam
- 11:10-11:40 – Lunch all grades
- 11:45 – Early Dismissal (More information available in this letter sent home with students last week)
- 11:45-4:00 – Study Hall
- Thursday, May 25th – A Day
- Last Day of School
- 1st Period – 1A Final Exam
- 2nd Period – 2A Final Exam
- 11:10-11:40 – Lunch all grades
- 11:45 – Early Dismissal [All students must be picked up at this time.]
- June 6-17th – Summer BRIDGE Program for rising ninth grade students [Georgia Tech – Application]
- 2017-2018 Staff Positions – We are currently looking to fill/add the following positions for next school year. If you know of qualified applicants, please encourage them to apply on the Drew website:
- Dance Teacher
- Dean of Academics (K-12)
- English Language Arts Teacher
- JA College and Career Readiness Counselor
- Literacy and ELA Instructional Coach [9-12]
- Math Teacher
- Social Studies Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Graduation Picture Order Form – Link
- Reminder: MyPaymentsPlus – We are excited to announce a new way to pay for student dues, yearbooks, field trips and other expenses. MyPaymentsPlus allows parents/guardians to pay for these obligations online via credit card. More information about the program and how to register are available in this flyer.
- Reminder: Yearbook – The Charles R. Drew Charter School 2017 Yearbook is now available for sale!! This year’s book is a Signature Series Hardcover bound, PreK-12 (Drew’s FIRST graduating senior class), full color, 140 pages and is available for delivery 5/8/2017. Order yours TODAY for the lowest price possible!! Sales will work as follows:
- ONLINE through 11/25/16 $28.00 EARLY BIRD SPECIAL PRICE!!Purchase now with the link below.
- ONLINE 11/26/16 through 02/26/17 $30.00
- ONLINE 02/27/17 through 04/10/17 $35.00
- After 04/10/17 In person at either campus, $35 cash or credit.
|Agnes Scott College||Kamara West
|Alabama A&M University||Arthur Gray
|Albany State University||Francine Dowdy|
|Alabama State University|
|Alcorn State University|
|Armstrong State University||Biance Cox|
|Atlanta Metropolitan College||Unrecay Pittman|
|Atlanta Technical College||Jermawl Bolden|
|Austin Peay State University|
|Bard College||Suprim Allah, Posse Scholar|
|Bethune-Cookman University||Caleb Smith, 5 Strong Scholar|
|Brandeis University||Jaila Allen, Posse Scholar
|Chattahoochee Technical College|
|Clark Atlanta University|
|Clayton State University||Justin Douglas|
|College of Coastal Georgia|
|Chattahoochee Technical College||Kanesheia Neal|
|Cornell University||Tyler Sturdivant|
|Drexel University||Ezekiel Taylor|
|Florida Institute of Technology|
|Fort Valley State University|
|George Washington University||Kendall Bean|
|Georgia State University||Monterio Caldwell
|Georgia College and State University||Kierra Dennis|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||Zora Ponder-Jones
|Georgia Southern University||Jeffrey Barber|
|Grambling State University|
|Guilford College||Kyia O’Neal|
|Howard University||Jordan Grady|
|Jackson State University|
|Jacksonville University||Amunet McDonald|
|Johnson C. Smith University||Cameron Hyman|
|Kennesaw State University||Jajuan Harris
|Langston University||Jada Taylor, 5 Strong Scholar|
|Louisiana State University|
|Mercer University||Gabrielle Aldred
|Middle Tennessee State University|
|Mississippi State University|
|Morehouse College||Jourdan Harris
|North Carolina A&T University||Tai Rivers
|North Carolina Central University|
|Notre Dame of Maryland University|
|Ohio State University|
|Oglethorpe University||Katira Bloodsaw
|Pitzer College||Delshanee Martin|
|Savannah State University|
|Savannah College of Art & Design (Atlanta)||Jalen Lovett
|Seton Hall University|
|Sewanee: The University of the South|
|Shaw University||Brandon Miller|
|South Carolina State University|
|Southern University at New Orleans||Brandon Sykes|
|Tennessee Tech||Michel Turpeau
|Tennessee State University|
|Texas Christian University|
|Tufts University||Gloria Kitchens|
|Tuskegee University||Simone Obleton|
|University of Alabama|
|University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|University of Cincinnati|
|University of Central Florida|
|University of Georgia||Zoe Andrews, Foundation Fellow|
|University of Memphis|
|University of Miami||Kiara Davis|
|University of Kentucky|
|University of North Carolina, Asheville|
|University of Rochester|
|University of Virginia|
|University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill|
|University of North Carolina, Greensboro|
|University of the Virgin Islands|
|University of Tennessee|
|University of West Georgia||Nyla McCord
|Vanderbilt University||Kinsley Ray|
|Valdosta State University||Nia Riley|
|Washington and Jefferson College|
|Western Carolina University|
|Xavier University Louisiana|
|Yale University||Alvin Winston|