Purpose – Drew Charter School serves as a key component of the cradle-to-college pipeline within the holistic East Lake neighborhood revitalization. Appreciating our unique status as a mixed-income school, Drew Charter School’s primary purpose is to provide an excellent education to all children living in the Villages of East Lake so that each student reaches his or her full potential and is launched on a pathway to health, impact and prosperity.
Vision – Drew Charter School students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change in the world.
Mission – Drew Charter School is an exemplary, innovative education community that empowers all students to achieve their full potential.
Shout Outs to. . .
- The girls tennis team, Coach Keys and Coach Cogdell for winning the state championship on Saturday!
- Ms. Shuler-Davis, Ms. Simmons, Ms. Woods and Ms. Woodlee for engaging students in a project around natural products & chemistry!
- Mr. Harris for having his high school classes create a workout program and work with 6th grade students to make exercise effective and fun!
- Ms. Foster for inviting college professors to evaluate student portfolios!
- Ms. Murray for having a Culture and Consumer Guru come to talk to business tech and chemistry students!
- Ms. Ruffin for her JA project designing coloring books that students took to senior citizens!
- Mr. Richardson for being recognized as the Outstanding Student in Counseling at Georgia State!
- Ms. Young for being awarded the Myron Burney for her service to students at SACAC!
- Mr. Coley, who is recovering from shoulder surgery!
- Ms. White’s students for their questions and discussion with a team of executives from Porsche North America, including the president and CEO!
- Ms. Schaffer, whose proposal, “Integrating Geography and Art to Create Social Activism,” was accepted for the National Council on Social Studies Annual Conference!
- Monday, May 8th – B Day
- 8:00-11:00 – Milestone Make-Ups
- Flex Time: Clubs
- 5:30 – Senior Dance Concert [Theater]
- Tuesday, May 9th – A Day
- 8:00-12:00 – AP Calculus Exam [A306]
- Flex Time – Advisory
- 6:00 – Senior Awards Ceremony [The Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church – 1879 Glenwood Avenue, S.E. Atlanta, GA 30316]
- Wednesday, May 10th – B Day
- 8:00-12:00 – AP Lang Exam [A306]
- Flex Time – Extended Learning
- 12th Grade Community Forum [Cafeteria]
- Thursday, May 11th – A Day
- 8:00-12:00 – AP World History Exam [A306]
- Flex Time – Extended Learning
- 4:00-6:00 – Chemistry Pop Up Shop [Cafeteria]
- Friday, May 12th – B Day
- 8:00-12:00 – AP Human Geography [A306]
- 1:30-2:00 – Flex Time: Advisory
- 2:00 – Junior and sophomore advisories transition to the gym
- 2:05 – Freshman advisories transition to the gym
- 2:15-4:00 – College Decision Day [Gym- All students]
- 6:00 – PTA Screen on the Green [Sing – EA playground]
- 5/15 – 5/19 – Senior Week
- 5/16, Flex Time – End-of-the-Year Assembly [Theater]
- Saturday, 5/20, 4:00 pm – Graduation
- 5/22 – 3B and 4B Final Exams [During regularly scheduled classes]
- 5/23 – 3A and 4A Final Exams [During regularly scheduled classes]
- 5/24 –
- 1B and 2B Final Exams [During regularly scheduled first and second periods]
- 12:00 – Early Dismissal/Study Hall
- Thursday, 5/25 – Last Day of School
- 1A and 2A Final Exams [During regularly scheduled first and second periods]
- 11:00 – Early Dismissal
- June 6-17th – Summer BRIDGE Program for rising ninth grade students [Georgia Tech – Application]
- 2017-2018 Staff Positions – We are currently looking to fill/add the following positions for next school year. If you know of qualified applicants, please encourage them to apply on the Drew website:
- Dance Teacher
- Dean of Academics (K-12)
- English Language Arts Teacher
- JA College and Career Readiness Counselor
- Literacy and ELA Instructional Coach [9-12]
- Math Teacher
- Social Studies Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Graduation Picture Order Form – Link
- Reminder: MyPaymentsPlus – We are excited to announce a new way to pay for student dues, yearbooks, field trips and other expenses. MyPaymentsPlus allows parents/guardians to pay for these obligations online via credit card. More information about the program and how to register are available in this flyer.
- Reminder: Yearbook – The Charles R. Drew Charter School 2017 Yearbook is now available for sale!! This year’s book is a Signature Series Hardcover bound, PreK-12 (Drew’s FIRST graduating senior class), full color, 140 pages and is available for delivery 5/8/2017. Order yours TODAY for the lowest price possible!! Sales will work as follows:
- ONLINE through 11/25/16 $28.00 EARLY BIRD SPECIAL PRICE!!Purchase now with the link below.
- ONLINE 11/26/16 through 02/26/17 $30.00
- ONLINE 02/27/17 through 04/10/17 $35.00
- After 04/10/17 In person at either campus, $35 cash or credit.
|Agnes Scott College||Kamara West
|Albany State University||Francine Dowdy|
|Alabama A&M University|
|Alabama State University|
|Alcorn State University|
|Armstrong State University||Biance Cox|
|Atlanta Metropolitan College|
|Atlanta Technical College|
|Austin Peay State University|
|Bard College||Suprim Allah, Posse Scholar|
|Bethune-Cookman University||Caleb Smith, 5 Strong Scholar|
|Brandeis University||Jaila Allen, Posse Scholar
|Chattahoochee Technical College|
|Clark Atlanta University|
|College of Coastal Georgia|
|Cornell University||Tyler Sturdivant|
|Drexel University||Ezekiel Taylor|
|Florida Institute of Technology|
|Fort Valley State University|
|George Washington University||Kendall Bean|
|Georgia State University||Jakayla Rachel
|Georgia College and State University||Kierra Dennis|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||Zora Ponder-Jones
|Georgia Southern University||Jeffrey Barber|
|Grambling State University|
|Guilford College||Kyia O’Neal|
|Howard University||Jordan Grady|
|Jackson State University|
|Jacksonville University||Amunet McDonald|
|Johnson C. Smith University||Cameron Hyman|
|Kennesaw State University||Jajuan Harris
|Langston University||Jada Taylor, 5 Strong Scholar|
|Louisiana State University|
|Mercer University||Gabrielle Aldred|
|Middle Tennessee State University|
|Mississippi State University|
|Morehouse College||Jourdan Harris
|North Carolina A&T University||Tai Rivers
|North Carolina Central University|
|Notre Dame of Maryland University|
|Ohio State University|
|Oglethorpe University||Katira Bloodsaw|
|Pitzer College||Delshanee Martin|
|Savannah State University|
|Savannah College of Art & Design (Atlanta)||Jalen Lovett|
|Seton Hall University|
|Sewanee: The University of the South|
|Shaw University||Brandon Miller|
|South Carolina State University|
|Southern University at New Orleans||Brandon Sykes|
|Tennessee Tech||Michele Turpeau
|Tennessee State University|
|Texas Christian University|
|Tufts University||Gloria Kitchens|
|Tuskegee University||Simone Obleton|
|University of Alabama|
|University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|University of Cincinnati|
|University of Central Florida|
|University of Georgia||Zoe Andrews, Foundation Fellow|
|University of Memphis|
|University of Miami||Kiara Davis|
|University of Kentucky|
|University of North Carolina, Asheville|
|University of Rochester|
|University of Virginia|
|University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill|
|University of North Carolina, Greensboro|
|University of the Virgin Islands|
|University of Tennessee|
|University of West Georgia||Nyla McCord
|Vanderbilt University||Kinsley Ray|
|Valdosta State University||Nia Riley|
|Washington and Jefferson College|
|Western Carolina University|
|Xavier University Louisiana|
|Yale University||Alvin Winston|