Shoutout to Rising 11th Grader
We would like to thank and highlight A. Cave for sharing her expression of art about the Alabama church bombing which took place September 15, 1963 that escalated a lot of emotions, especially within the African American community. Feel free to click the link above.
Intent to Play [In Relation to All Sports]
Date: June 9, 2020 06:00 PM
Attached, you will find a copy of the AP summer reading list for students who selected an AP course for school year 2020-2021. The counselors have sent out an email to all those students who will need to complete the summer reading before the start of school in July. If your child selected to take an AP course and did not receive an email, please contact your child’s counselor.
Rob Richardson (Grades 9 and 11): firstname.lastname@example.org
Tara Davis (Grades 10 and 12): email@example.com
- In the interest of best serving our community, Drew has moved forward with Flynn O’Hara as our new uniform vendor. Thank you to Dr. Allen for all of her work to find a company to best serve our community. Please see the flyer and link below for more information:
|I recognize that this is a difficult time for parents and students. The level of uncertainty is troubling and at times can feel overwhelming. I encourage you to contact our counselors if you or your student need support.|
You can also receive support via a free, confidential Crisis Text Line, with trained Crisis Counselors, by texting SHARE to 741741. (This is a national resource that is available 24/7).
Drew Opportunity Fund: First Initiative
Last school year, Drew Charter launched its inaugural annual fund campaign, the Drew Opportunity Fund, in honor of our retiring Head of School Don Doran. Under Mr. Doran’s leadership Drew students had myriad opportunities to innovate, achieve, travel and compete, all of which help to close the opportunity gap and make Drew an exemplary learning community.
As this is a new initiative for Drew, please encourage others to participate, feel free to share ideas for support, and join me in making a donation to this year’s campaign if you haven’t already. The more we raise, the more we can do!
Week of 06/08 – 06/14
Summer School via E-Learning
- Students and parents requested to participate in summer school should already have communication:
- Please reach out to Kendrick Myers, Rachel Weaver, or Tameka Allen if you feel you should have received communication and have not as of today.
Please be advised that our School Norms still apply in our E-Learning Environments.
Students should participate in online class activities with the same respect and decorum that would be displayed in the classroom. Please refer the Student Code of Conduct for specific information on appropriate technology use.
Language and/or actions that violate our Student Code of Conduct in the virtual setting will have similar consequences.
- Rising 9th Grade Summer Meeting
- Meeting ID: 963 5627 0656
- n n
- PBL/STEAM- for New Staff (K-12)
- Virtual Budget Meeting
- Calling in- 888 475 4499
- Meeting ID: 931 9555 2864
- PBL/STEAM- for New Staff (K-12)
- Please note access to the school building will NOT be available. Security have been advised to not allow access to outsiders until further notice.
- Please note access to the school building will NOT be available. Security have been advised to not allow access to outsiders until further notice [inclusive of staff].
- 07/27 – Tentative Start Date for 2021-2022 School Year
- more details soon..
See the information below regarding the importance of communities achieving a “complete count” in the 2020 Census!
Wifi and Internet Resources
Please see the Xfinity flyer above and information to internet access at a deep discount with Comcast–> CLICK HERE .