SENIOR ACADEMY’S OPEN HOUSE
Welcome to the 22-23 school year!
We are tremendously excited to meet you and talk about the possibilities in the Senior Academy.
Open House will be this Thursday, July, 21st at 1:00 pm. We hope that you enjoy seeing and meeting old and new friends, teachers, and staff!
Please see the Open House outline provided below.
|1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.||Meet and Greet Teachers|
|1:30p.m. –2:00 p.m.||Parent Portal, Remind, Sign Up, Etc.|
|1:00-1:301:30-2:00||FlyHigher w/ Dean of Students: Stop by the 4th floor Media Center to meet Dr. Allen to hear a brief presentation and ask questions concerning upcoming events and school/academy policies|
|2:30-3:00 p.m.||Meet your Advisor: Find the Flex period room number on your schedule and report to this room at 2:30 pm to learn more about advisory.|
- Your schedule will be provided ahead of time.
- You have the opportunity to follow your schedule and meet and greet your teachers. Please keep in mind that some teachers are new and are still getting rooms set up and ready for the school year.
- FlyHigher w/ Dr. Allen! Will be offered in two rotating sessions, offered every 30 minutes from 1:00 to 1:30 in the 4th floor Media Center. This is an opportunity to receive information on updated behavior policies.
- The last 30 minutes of open house are specifically dedicated towards meeting your student’s advisor. See how you can help support your student’s advisory class throughout the school year.
- How to read your schedule:
- Senior Academy classes are generally on the “A” side of the building, which is the left side of the building if you are facing it from the front. Visually, the “A” side of the building is has blue floors, furniture, and lockers.
- The first number of the room indicates which floor the room is on.
- The first floor is the floor you enter from the front of the building.
We look forward to meeting you and making a positive difference in the lives of the children we serve.
Kendrick L. Myers
Senior Academy Principal