Purpose – Drew Charter School serves as a key component of the cradle-to-college pipeline within the holistic East Lake neighborhood revitalization. Appreciating our unique status as a mixed-income school, Drew Charter School’s primary purpose is to provide an excellent education to all children living in the Villages of East Lake so that each student reaches his or her full potential and is launched on a pathway to health, impact and prosperity.
Vision – Drew Charter School students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change in the world.
Mission – Drew Charter School is an exemplary, innovative education community that empowers all students to achieve their full potential.
- To the Boys cross country team; they placed 6th overall at the state meet and Jayden Causey placed 4th overall.
- To the boys basketball team managers Le’Qual Anthony, Jala Staples, Sarai Biggers, and Jada Roseberry for being selected managers for the boys basketball team and to the girls basketball team managers Jordan McCrary, Mylan Lowe, and Adreanna Harvey who were selected as managers for the girls team.
- To Nya Foster, Ariel Adams, LeQual Anthony, Alanna Tookes, Jordan Leake, Brianna Griggs, TJ Robinson, and India Ingram for presenting “Visual Thinking Strategies and Arts” to 3rd grade students at the EA!
- Dr. D wants to acknowledge the excellent work shown this past week by Takiya Terry, Ben Harper, Tobias Bryles, Bryant Triplett, Shelby Ross, Jayda Howard, Caleb Heath, Amon Aldred, Josiah Smith, Jayden Vickers, Sydni Hayes, Matthew Abram, Destiny Williams, Calvin Revere, Samuel Chaney, and Cedric Taylor in Spanish. Brava/bravo!
- To Kentrell Rollie, Kameron Cook, Amira Davis, Deanna Baker, and Tyra Jones for exhibiting kindness to a Drew staff member during a challenging day!
- To Ms. Mayes and the Homecoming Committee for an excellent coronation program!
- To the Sophomores for their excellent behavior and engagement while on their field trip to Medieval Times on Friday!
- To Ms. McIntyre for organizing the Student vs. Faculty basketball game for the Homecoming kickoff activity!
- To Ms. Duffie and the SGA for organizing the dress down days and Beat Shazam for Homecoming this week!
- To Ms. Cain for organizing the field trip to Medieval Times for the sophomores!
- To the 10th grade team(special shout out to Ms. Skokes and Ms. Hecht) for helping to organize the sophomore breakfast activity on Friday!
- To Joshua Clemons, Nathaniel Dobson, Alvin-Wayne Stewart, and Bryce Zelazoski for being selected to attend the Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students in Anaheim, CA as student representatives!
Week of 11/04-11/10HOMECOMING WEEK “LET THE GAMES BEGIN”
11th- Candy Land
11/11 | Monday | “B” Day MATCHING MONDAY
- 9:00 Royal Breakfast [Wahoo Grill]
- Homecoming Court
- 3:00 Homecoming Activity [Beat Shazam- Theater]
11/12 | Tuesday | “A” Day MEME TUESDAY
- 3:00- Flex Time – Extended Learning: Math, Social Studies, Spanish
- 09th /10th – Extended Learning or Practice Gym
- 11th/12th- Extended Learning or Cafeteria
- Select students may work on PBL lab themes
11/13 | Wednesday | “B” Day WAY BACK WEDNESDAY
- 3:00- Field Day [Main Gym]
11/14 | Thursday | “A” Day
TMZ THURSDAY (CELEBRITY/CHARACTER DAY)
- 3:00- Flex Time – Senior Academy Tailgate [Duty Roster]
- 09th /10th – Athletic Field
- 11th/12th- Athletic Field
- Select students may work on PBL lab themes
- 4pm – 5pm Tailgate (Athletic Parking Lot and Field)
- Food Vendors will be in attendance
- Open to Drew Students, Families and Staff
11/15 | Friday | “B” Day
SPIRIT DAY (12TH - BLACK, 11TH GOLD, 10TH WHITE, 9TH GREEN)
- Dress Down day
- 3:00 Homecoming Pep Rally [GYM]
- 6:00 Varsity Basketball vs. McNair/Griffin
- 10:00 JV Boys @ B.E.S.T
- 7:30 – 11:30 Homecoming Dance – “Just Dance – Sneaker Ball”
- Week of 11/18 – 11/24
- Drew Board Meeting
- Expanded Cabinet Meeting
- SA Science Fair
- SA Parent Gathering
- Week of 11/25 – 12/01
- Thanksgiving Break\
- Week of 12/02-12/08
- A Week Clubs
- Staff Meeting
- Prospective Parent Night
- GSU Early College Info Session
- Week of 12/09 – 12/15
- GSU Classes End
- SA Basketball v. Grady [Main Gym]
- Week of 12/16-12/22
- Half Day
- Half Day
- Future Events
- 02/28- 2:30 – Spring Pep Rally [GYM]
- 05/16- Graduation
Upcoming Auditions for Spring Musical
Presentations for Student and Guardian Reference
Senior Night Presentation – If you were unable to attend or if you would like to review the information covered at the Senior Parent Night, refer to this link for the full presentation.
Junior Grade Level & College Counseling Night Presentation – If you were unable to attend or if you would like to review the information covered at the Senior Parent Night, refer to this link for the full presentation.
Continued Afterschool Protocol [Effective 09/02/19]
– To see letter click here
ATTENTION: JA/SA parents, if students arrive to school at 8am, then they should proceed to the cafeteria to get a late pass up until 8:30.After 8:30 students will receive a late pass from the main office secretary- Ms. Edwards.
- Parents/Guardians, Atlanta Public Schools has introduced a new way to record movement throughout the school on a daily basis. The new protocol is in effort to enhance Atlanta Public School’s student, staff and campus security. Once the system is installed parents/guardians will need to bring in their state ID, regardless of how long they have been a parent/guardian at Drew, to conduct any school business.
REMINDER: If you bring a meal to the school for your student before your student’s lunch period, then the lunch is required to be placed inside the cafeteria in the designated lunch cubbies.Instructional time cannot be interrupted. Moving forward administration will reinforce this policy as noted in the student/parent handbook.
| Message from Dean of Students|
CONCERNING: Food delivery and Item Drop-off Policy
| Hello SA families,|
Due to recent safety concerns, we would like to reiterate our policy on food deliveries and item drop offs during the school day.
Students are not permitted to order food to be delivered to the school at any time. This includes but is not limited to pizza, Uber Eats, GrubHub, etc. Any student order that is intercepted by staff will be disposed of immediately and students/parents will not be reimbursed.
Also, any student that is caught in the process of accepting food from a vehicle will be directed to dispose of it immediately.
In the event that a parent/guardian must bring a lunch to the school, please follow these guidelines:
- Bring the lunch prior to the designated lunch period to the main office to sign in (students will not be called out of class)
- 9th/10th grade lunch is 11:10-11:40 and 11th/12th grade lunch 12:50-1:25.
- Meal drop off will not be permitted after the student’s scheduled lunch time.
- Pack and label lunch in a closed container (sack or lunch box/bag)
- Bring lunch only for students for which you are a contact
- Please do not send unauthorized individuals with food for your student. They will not be permitted to drop it off.
- Lunches must be placed in cubby in cafeteria
- Parents/guardians are not permitted to meet their student in front of the school to deliver food, but must park, enter the building and sign in
- Please note that the lunch cubbies are not secure and we are not responsible for any lost items. Students should do their best to bring their lunches to school with them as the lunch cubbies should be used in emergency situations only.
|Lastly, students are not permitted to walk out to a car or accept anything from a person outside of the school building during the school day for any reason. Students found doing this will face disciplinary action regardless of the item accepted. All items should be dropped off at the front desk for pick up and food items should be dropped off via the procedure above. |
Thank you for following this protocol and working with Drew staff to ensure that our students receive a wonderful education in a safe environment.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Senior Academy Dean of Students
Families who still have not received their orders:
– Please forward a copy or screenshot of the confirmation information to Kendrick.Myers@drewcharterschool.org and Tameka.Allen@drewcharterschool.org with the students’ name in the subject line.Note: Students are still expected to be in uniform: Khakis, white button-down and tie are required.
– Khakis and button downs can be purchased outside of the Tommy Hilfiger.
– Ties will be onsite and for sell at the school store tomorrow morning!
- Parents looking for uniform options can visit our online store with Tommy Hilfiger.
- Parents be sure to order as soon as possible; the estimated time of delivery is 2-3 weeks from the day you order.
- Ordering Instructions for Tommy Hilfiger
- To reference the dress code for the Senior Academy, click here.
NOTE: The School Store Hours are 9:00 – 3:00 pm daily. The School Store is located in the Theater Box Office at the Yates/Upper Campus. - Stop by and get your Drew gear!
For Updates that occur more frequently subscribe to Remind! Instructions for the respective cohorts can be found below, feel free to join multiple.
- Parents are encouraged to join this platform, to receive updates for your student:
- Students are encouraged to join this platform, to receive updates for daily announcements within the Senior Academy [flex time updates/ A and B day rotation, etc…: