After seeking community input and in order to grant greater access to our students, we will be re-opening the National Honor Society selection process. Students with a GPA of 85 or higher, students who did not apply before the first deadline and student who were denied admission will all have the opportunity to apply. The timeline for the selection process will be as follows:
- Inform students of eligibility by October 28th
- Send eligibility information letter home to parents
- Provide all eligible students with application
- Application Cycle: October 31- November 11th – Students must submit their application along with three references (a reference form will be provided). One reference must come from a Senior Academy teacher and the other two can come from other Drew staff and/or outside community members.
- Application Deadline: November 11th by 4:00 pm
- Application Review: November 14-17th
- Student Notification: Friday, November 18th
- Induction Ceremony: TBD
In addition, we have added another member to the Faculty Council, who will provide a more diverse perspective in terms of gender and tenure at the school. We look forward toward our students becoming active with the organization and working to have a broader impact on the school and community. If you have any questions regarding this information, please reach out to me directly.