Purpose – Drew Charter School serves as a key component of the cradle-to-college pipeline within the holistic East Lake neighborhood revitalization. Appreciating our unique status as a mixed-income school, Drew Charter School’s primary purpose is to provide an excellent education to all children living in the Villages of East Lake so that each student reaches his or her full potential and is launched on a pathway to health, impact and prosperity.
Vision – Drew Charter School students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change in the world.
Mission – Drew Charter School is an exemplary, innovative education community that empowers all students to achieve their full potential.
- Everyone and their support of the Senior Car parade! It was truly amazing!
- Rachel for her vision of the event!
- Everyone that helped set up, pass out bags, monitor traffic, etc.!
- Ms. Koriakan and the facilities team for installing all of the signs!
- All Staff that lined the parking lots to cheer for our students!
- Officer Shannon, Officer Bridwell, Lonnie, and the rest of the safety and security team for their support!
- Carrington Grant for this wonderful PSA he created for Mrs. Woods and his peers!
- AIS’s for their grade level collaboration and coordination to plan this week’s grade level celebrations!
- Ms. Schaffer and Mr. Prince for their celebration and encouragement to Juniors preparing to take AP exams!
- Rob for his work to clear seniors and ensure that every student remains on track!
- The CCR team for their preparation and planning of this week’s student celebrations!
- Mr. Canney for his support and collaboration with grade level teams to prepare for grade level celebrations!
- Ms. Person for her consistent communication and support for student accommodations!
- Senior Academy staff for an amazing school year!
- Congratulations to Hailey Fisher for receiving the Positive Athlete award. She has been recognized for her stellar team work skills, sportsmanship, and impeccable character. She was one out of the 5,000 nominations to receive this award in the Atlanta Region!
- Asha Anderson for receiving a scholarship from the Atlanta Suburban Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.!!
- Mr. Parker for his support, understanding, and advocacy for students and families!
- Mr. Baker for his extra effort to support students and reach out to families!
- Special Education Department for their tireless efforts, due diligence, and compassion for students!
- Ms.Weaver for putting in extra effort to make sure the leadership team celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week with a rhyme! Click Here to View
- 11th grade team who received a huge shoutout from parents during our 11th grade parent meeting for their love, support, and extra effort!
- 9th and 10th grade teams for their constant support and communication with students!
- Dr.Allen for all of her support to grade level teams and departments during class sessions, PLCs, and in one-on-one conversations!
Next Blazer Day will be announced at a later date!
Blazer Days are Required for Special Events & will occur at least once a month****Blazer Days are subject to change.**
[They are currently projected to occur every 2nd Wednesday of the month]
Parent Zoom Meeting Recordings
Ninth Grade Parent Meeting
Date: May 5, 2020 03:55 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- See recording here
- Password: 0L$^c9T=
Tenth Grade Parent Meeting
Date: May 6, 2020 04:26 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- See recording here
- Password: 6v*Z3YZZ
Eleventh Grade Parent Meeting
Date: May 7, 2020 03:58 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- See recording here
- Password: 2R$j8a^5
|I recognize that this is a difficult time for parents and students. The level of uncertainty is troubling and at times can feel overwhelming. I encourage you to contact our counselors if you or your student need support.|
You can also receive support via a free, confidential Crisis Text Line, with trained Crisis Counselors, by texting SHARE to 741741. (This is a national resource that is available 24/7).
Drew Opportunity Fund: First Initiative
Last school year, Drew Charter launched its inaugural annual fund campaign, the Drew Opportunity Fund, in honor of our retiring Head of School Don Doran. Under Mr. Doran’s leadership Drew students had myriad opportunities to innovate, achieve, travel and compete, all of which help to close the opportunity gap and make Drew an exemplary learning community.
As this is a new initiative for Drew, please encourage others to participate, feel free to share ideas for support, and join me in making a donation to this year’s campaign if you haven’t already. The more we raise, the more we can do!
Week of 05/18 – 05/24
E-learning via Google Classrooms
- Drew Media Resources available:
- Please share and join the Media Services Google classroom: 7iy2jsh
- Please note: Google Hangouts will be available from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Click here to view the Google Hangouts Appropriate Student Usage Guidelines.
Students will follow the A/B Day Rotation in the E-Learning setting. Therefore, students’ will be able to login and look for assignments based on the students’ regular schedule.
Please be advised that our School Norms still apply in our E-Learning Environments.
Students should participate in online class activities with the same respect and decorum that would be displayed in the classroom. Please refer the Student Code of Conduct for specific information on appropriate technology use.
Language and/or actions that violate our Student Code of Conduct in the virtual setting will have similar consequences.
- 5pm – College Decision Day –> Zoom Details here
- 12pm – Freshman Recognition Ceremony
- 2pm – Senior Zoom Bash
- 05/21/2020- Last Day of School
- 2:00 pm Junior Recognition Ceremony
- 3:30 pm Sophomore Recognition Ceremony
- 12pm – Senior Awards Ceremony
- 3-5pm Senior Curbside pickup and computer drop-off
- Please note access to the school building for the next two weeks will NOT be available. Security have been advised to not allow access to outsiders until further notice.
- Please note access to the school building for the next two weeks will NOT be available. Security have been advised to not allow access to outsiders until further notice [inclusive of staff].
- 6/1-6/26 – SA Summer School
- 6/1 -6/3 – Rising 9th Grade Summer Transition Program
- 6/9 -6/10 – PBL/STEAM- for New Staff (K-12)
Food Resources during Closure
See the information below regarding the importance of communities achieving a “complete count” in the upcoming 2020 Census!
Wifi and Internet Resources
Please see the Xfinity flyer above and information to internet access at a deep discount with Comcast–> CLICK HERE .
- New Information Coming Soon