- To all of our students who participated in the Atlanta Beltline Lantern Parade [pictured above]
- To Tyler Sturdivant and Kierra Dennis for their stellar performance at the Davidson College’s 2016 July Experience
- To Ms. Krachman and Mr. Richardson for continuously thinking about strategies to build a positive, math classroom culture with students.
- To Ms. Simmons for supporting and engaging Chemistry students
- To Ms. Young for her work with the National Honor Society
- To Officer Bridwell and Officer Williams, our two resource officers, for being diligent and involved in student support and redirection
- To Ms. Lucynzski and Ms. Hodges for their work planning all of the logistics for the upcoming Dream game
- To Mr. Myers for coordinating yearbook pictures
- To Ms. Pryor, Ms. Allen, Ms. Simmons, Mr. Myers and Mr. White for meeting to get Homecoming planning started
- To Mr. Richardson for a great Junior Parent Night
- To Ms. Desprez for holding the AP Calculus test review session
- To Coach Davis for his extra support with our students in afterschool activities
Monday, September 12th B-Day
- Flex Time – Clubs
- 5:30 – JA/SA Parent/Guardian BlackBoard Training [Theater]
- 5:30 – Softball vs. McNair [Home – Southside Park]
Tuesday, September 13th A-Day
- Flex Time – Extended Learning
- 2:20 – Early dismissal for Softball, Volleyball and selected Dancers [list coming from Tambra]
- 3:30 – Softball vs. Galloway [Away]
- 4:00 – Volleyball vs. Wesleyan/Atlanta International [Wesleyan]
- 5:00-9:00 – Drew Night at the Atlanta Dream [Philips Arena]
Wednesday, September 14th B-Day
- Flex Time – Advisory
- 4:30 – Teaching and Learning Committee Meeting
- 4:30 – Cross Country Meet [Grant Park]
- 5:30 – Sophomore Parent Night [Cafeteria]
Thursday, September 15th A-Day
- Flex Time – Extended Learning
- 5:30 – Softball vs. Holy Innocents [Home – Southside Park]
- 5:30 – Volleyball vs. Washington [Home]
Friday, September 16th B-Day
- All Day – Senior Pictures [Schedule TBA]
- 11:00-1:00 – PROBE College Fair [Juniors]
- Flex Time –
- National Honor Society Induction [Selected Juniors and Seniors – Theater]
- Free Friday
- Saturday, September 17th, 8:00 – JV Volleyball “Playdate” with Pace Academy
- September 19-25 – PGA Tour Championship [East Lake Golf Club]
- September 20-22 – Ninth Grade College Trips [Tuskegee and Auburn Universities]
- Tuesday, September 20th
- All Day – GSU SingFest [Selected students]
- 4:30-5:30 – SA Principal’s Coffee
- Thursday, September 22nd, Flex Time – Tenth Grade Community Forum
- Tuesday, September 27th, Flex Time – Eleventh Grade Community Forum
- Thursday, September 29th
- Flex Time – Ninth Grade Community Forum
- 6:00 – Board of Directors Meeting
- Friday, September 30th – End of Quarter 1
- Saturday, October 1st, 12:00-4:00 – PTA Fall Festival
- October 7-10th – Fall Break
- Thursday, October 13th, 4:00-6:00 pm – Quarter 1 PBL Showcase
- Blackboard – Blackboard, our new Learning Management System for curriculum and grades, is now live for staff and students. Ms. Kemp, our Director of PBL, and Ms. Shameka Williams, our PBL Coach, conducted a parent training last night. Links to the guide the provided and their presentation are included below:
- Student/Parent Handbook – While we have distributed hard copies of our Student/Parent Handbook to students and parents at various events, we wanted to include access to an electronic copy. A link to the handbook is included in our links section below.
- Parent Engagement Survey – Ms. Raqib, our Enrollment Officer, who is working to coordinate parental involvement has created a Parent Engagement Survey available at this link. Please take a moment to complete it so that we can continue to improve.
- Dues – Below is information for student dues. These funds help pay for programs like Midnight Madness, Prom and Senior Week that we cannot pay for out of school funds.
- Due (cash or money order) September 16th to Ms. Deiters in room A202
- There is a $5 late fee after September 16th
- Includes: Freshman T-Shirt, SGA Day of Play, Midnight Madness and other ninth grade activities
- Include cap and gowns, diploma cover, Visions of the Future (including awards and decorations), senior breakfast, senior picnic, senior lunch jam, senior Sunday bar, senior t-shirt, class picture, and other activities.
- Clubs and Organizations – In response to feedback from students and parents we have made some changes to how we are approaching clubs this year. We will still hold clubs during Flex Time on Mondays, but we have expanded several clubs to also meet after school. Those clubs and their sponsors are listed below. As a result, students can choose which club to meet with on Mondays, but can also join as many after-school clubs as their schedule permits.
- Academic Decathlon – Ms. LaTrice Woods firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beta Club (only after-school) – Ms. Barbara Manwell email@example.com
- Debate Team – Ms. Leslie Schaffer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drama Club – Mr. Antavious Baker email@example.com
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) – Ms. Risa Murray firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Honor Society (NHS – only after school) – Ms. Ashley Young Ashley.Young@drewcharterschool.org
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) – Ms. Beth White email@example.com
- Student Government Association (SGA) – Ms. Tameka Allen firstname.lastname@example.org
- PTA Membership – Please take a moment to join the Drew PTA. Dues are $10 and they work tirelessly to provide a wide variety of programming to support our students and staff. You can join online via this link.
- Charles R. Drew Charter School
- Remind Communications – Remind accounts have been set up to distribute information via text message for each grade level. Parents, guardians and students can sign up for these reminders using the directions linked below:
- Drew Senior Academy College and Career Readiness
- Naviance – Senior Academy college and career readiness platform.
- MyGivingPoint – http://www.mygivingpoint.org/ – All 10-12th Grade students should have accounts to this site in order to log community service hours. Please direct questions about community services to your student’s grade-level counselor.
- Hands-on-Atlanta Volunteer Opportunity Calendar
- Drew Engineering Design Team Website – http://drewdesign.weebly.com/
- Drew PTA – http://www.drewcharterschoolpta.com
- Eagle Nation Athletic Booster Club – http://www.dreweaglenation.org/
- Great information about our athletic teams, including their schedules and records.
- Band Booster Club – http://drewbandboosters.org/