The 2016-2017 Senior Academy Uniform Policy is linked below. The policy remains largely the same as our policy from this past school year with a few changes:
- Outerwear – During the 2015-2016 school year students were allowed to wear solid, neutral colored sweaters that showed their ties. However, we found this to be problematic as students were confused about the difference between sweater, sweatshirts, fleeces and jackets. To make it clearer students can now wear only the items listed below. All other outerwear, including but not limited to jackets, vests, sweatshirts, hoodies and shooting shirts, regardless of whether or not they are Drew items, should be stored during the school day.
- Official Drew blazers
- Outerwear purchased from Charter School Uniforms, specifically: the V-Neck Cardigan Sweater, the V-Neck Pullover Sweater Vest and the Polar Fleece Zip Front Jacket
- Official Drew letterman jackets purchased from Creative Keystrokes (http://www.creativekeystrokes.net)
- Official Drew athletic zip-up jackets (not hoodies, sweatshirts or shooting shirts) purchased as part of participation in a sport
- Blazers – All students are required to own a blazer, but are not required to wear it each day. Blazers will be required for the following occasions as well other events as indicated. Rising ninth grade parents, if your student was sized during the Summer BRIDGE program, you still need to order their blazer from Charter School Uniforms. While they have your student’s size, they will not order it until you contact them.
- Project presentations
- PBL Showcases
- Awards Ceremonies
- Game days for away games (students may wear their jerseys and khaki pants on home game days)
- Jeans Passes – During the 2015-2016 school year students were required to wear Drew shirts if they dressed down with a Jeans Pass on Fridays. Students are now encouraged but not required to wear Drew shirts. As a reminder, students should not wear jeans with holes or rips and should not wear joggers, sweatpants or other athletic wear.
Uniform clothing can be purchased at the Charter School Uniforms store or on-line
- Moreland Avenue Shopping Center, 1412 Moreland Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30316
If you experience any challenges order uniform items or need financial assistance, please contact our Dean of Students, Mr. Myers at email@example.com.