[Posted to Blog on 06/22/22] Hiring Opportunity
We have sold out of the 21-22 yearbooks! You can still order a 21-22 yearbook through the Entourage Yearbook website (link below). It will be $45.25 (book + shipping) and it will be shipped directly to your home or the address you provide.
[CURRENT] Drew Mask Policy
For more details and access to other resources related to COVID-19 > > > See Here
DID YOU KNOW?
Makerspace Hours are back!
Mr. Ayers, our new Makerspace Manager, will be opening the SA makerspace in room A103 from 4:00pm until 6:00pm *UPDATED TIME* on Thursdays for JA and SA students!
- All students need to bring are their creative ideas and willing hands to make things.
- UPDATE: RESERVATIONS ARE *NOT* NEEDEED. Feel free to join on any Thursday if interested!
- For more detail and information on Drew’s STEAM program visit the website here– > STEAM at Drew!
The Drew Charter School PTA has restructured and renewed and is looking ahead to the 2022-2023 school year! Click here to view the new committees and more details on the changes we’re implementing.
We are looking for executive officers as well as members for all the committees. Please consider joining the PTA, as we are only as strong as our volunteers. We welcome your new energy and ideas!
Please click here to share your interest in the PTA (short Google form).
To provide opt-in consent for your Academy students, click below:
COVID-19 Testing for Drew Students
– ACTION REQUIRED –
Opt-In for Drew’s New Weekly Surveillance Testing Program
- Be sure to follow on REMIND for real time updates regarding testing information/updates.
- If you completed testing somewhere else be sure to submit results in the link below:
Please note: For returning to campus tests must be conducted no earlier than 2 days from when you plan to be present on campus, please submit test results via the link above.
Principal Coffee REMINDER:
If you missed the information from the last Principal’s Coffee please see the slideshow below:
Typically, high school is the time when young Eagles are maturing and are prepared to fly on their own. Encourage this independent practice. They will still need the watchful eye to guide them in their development and learning. Please do so during breaks and refrain from interrupting live instruction for the benefit of the students and teachers. The slideshow will include some additional ways you can support your learner in the virtual environment.
See You All NEXT SCHOOL YEAR!
Stay Updated! See the notes below:
- Scholarship Opportunities [as/when available]
- Student Opportunities
Calendar of Events (below):
Week of 05/23- 05/29/22
Stay Updated! See the notes below:
Many of you may have questions about what is the difference between a 504 and an IEP. Click on the link below to learn more: MTSS/504 Chronicles Vol 1, Issue 5
|Counseling Resources, see information below:|
Dean of CCR: email@example.com
9th and 11th- firstname.lastname@example.org
10th and 12th: email@example.com
Media Center Resources, see information below:
Google Classroom Code – 7iy2jsh [Students only have access]
Maker Space Activities :
Checkout the STEAM Initiatives/Opportunities, visit the calendar on their page by following this link –> bit.ly/DrewMAKE
|Monthly Principal’s Coffee|
- COVID Testing 10am – 2pm – Elementary Academy [Click Here to Opt in for FREE COVID Testing]
- If your student has been testing with Viral Solutions over the past few weeks, they are already in the system and there is no need for them to opt-in again.
- Stay safe!
Through Drew’s partnership with Viral Solutions, Drew resumed free weekend community COVID-19 testing on Sunday, April 3rd.
Each Sunday, the Community Testing will occur at the Elementary Academy pickup lanes between 10 am – 2 pm. This testing is open to all family members. If you are a family member and would like to participate in the free testing, please complete the following form before arriving: Viral Solutions Family Member Consent Form
(Note: Persons can also opt-in onsite.)
Inclusive of: Access to Portal for Paying for Nutrition/Lunch Fees
>> HERE <<
>> HERE <<
Access to Portal for Paying for Drew Events, Dues, Field Trips, etc..
For Updates that occur more frequently subscribe to Remind! Instructions for the respective cohorts can be found below, feel free to join multiple.
- Parents are encouraged to join this platform, to receive updates for your student:
- Students are encouraged to join this platform, to receive updates for daily announcements within the Senior Academy [flex time updates/ A and B day rotation, etc…:
- Guardians looking for uniform options can visit our online store with Flynn O’hara
- Guardians be sure to order as soon as possible; the estimated time of delivery is typically 2-3 weeks from the day you order.
- To reference the dress code for the Senior Academy, click here.
Dear Drew Parents/Guardians:
• The Returning to Campus Website Page offers more detailed information about what to expect, general guidelines/procedures. In addition to safety and health measures in place to protect our school community. To view, click below or directly on Drew’s website: Return to Campus Webpage
STEAM Portfolio Information
Our campus has been certified as a STEAM School twice so far… The Elementary Academy earned this recognition in 2017 and the Junior Academy earned the recognition in 2018 from the Georgia Department of Education.
This important designation was created to recognize institutions committed to providing high-quality educational opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math. The certifications confirm Drew’s position as a statewide leader in innovative education. Of course, the marathon continues- Drew’s Senior Academy is also in the process of earning this certification next!
We began pre-COVID and with new systems in place the process has resumed. This section will highlight student work which will be submitted for STEAM CERTIFICATION. Please note, ALL SENIOR ACADEMY students will have a portfolio displayed for this certification, for additional support or to work with the STEAM team on this portfolio please reach out to
Students will have a collection of their work and thoughts that will remain in their hands throughout their life. Portfolios can be used for college entrance applications, job applications, and scholarship applications.
To view the 2021 Portfolio Tip & Kudos to add or mirror in your Portfolio: CLICK HERE
The PTA Needs YOU!
This year, more than ever, Drew teachers and families need our support!
How are the PTA dues and fundraising funds applied to Drew Initiatives?
- Teacher Appreciation Gifts
- Donations to The Opportunity Fund – which supports Drew families
- Teacher and Classroom Grants – for projects enhancing student learning
- Some past examples include:
- Leveled library with cart to be shared across a single grade level
- Class set of guitars
- iPads/Chromebooks for use within a specific classroom
- Beekeeping materials and bees
- Drones for a robotics club
- Materials and choreography for a choral performance
- This support for our students, teachers and families would not be possible without your membership!
Join or renew today! www.drewcharterschoolpta.com
Support the Drew PTA at Amazon Smile:
click here >> https://smile.amazon.com/ch/58-2577634 << click here
Order through Amazon Smile link, and Amazon will make a donation to the Drew PTA.
Shop and Support Drew at the same time!
Shop online for anything…and 15% of your purchase goes to the Drew Charter PTA.
Includes FREE direct shipping, so it makes a great gift for loved
ones across the country!