Welcome back Drew family!
The Senior Academy has a few events approaching before this school year begins. This blog will be the main source of communication and resource center to both students and parents.
Please share with your friends and/or family members. You will be able to find pertinent dates, events, and updates here on this site- weekly. Please be on the lookout for future events and make sure you check out the updates below for this school year. Checkout a few events that are coming up!
*Virtual* DrewU – This will take place on July 21st at 5pm. All incoming Freshman and families new to Drew are welcome to attend this event!
*Virtual* Open House – This will take place on July 23rd. Parents will have the opportunity to be introduced to teachers and administration, sign-up for Remind and important Parent Portals. (Zoom log-in information for each grade level session will be shared next week)
Blazers are REQUIRED in the Senior Academy- Flynn O’Hara is the appointed vendor for all uniform needs moving forward. Parents looking for uniform options can now visit our online store with Flynn O’Hara. Students will be expected to be in uniform starting the first day of school. Be sure to review the dress code for this school year and take note of the uniform schedule.
As we continue the provide vital information to parents, students and the community, we encourage everyone to read the weekly blog update thoroughly.
–K.Myers, Principal of Drew Senior Academy
For Updates that occur more frequently subscribe to Remind! Instructions for the respective cohorts can be found below, feel free to join multiple.
- Parents are encouraged to join this platform, to receive updates for your student:
- Students are encouraged to join this platform, to receive updates for daily announcements within the Senior Academy [flex time updates/ A and B day rotation, etc…:
- Guardians looking for uniform options can visit our online store with Flynn O’hara
- Guardians be sure to order as soon as possible; the estimated time of delivery is typically 2-3 weeks from the day you order.
- To reference the dress code for the Senior Academy, click here.
- Senior Pictures are right around the corner!
- Pictures will be taken here at Drew July 19-20th.
- Students must sit for these pictures in order to be included in the yearbook.
- For more information, click here.
Dear Drew Parents/Guardians:
The success of in-person for the upcoming school year will require that all participating families and students commit to safety and health protocols that reduce the spread of COVID-19. This includes following a mask mandate where all students and staff will wear masks on campus, practicing social distancing, washing hands regularly, and staying home when ill.
We must all diligently work to protect everyone in our community. As such, students who repeatedly and willfully do not follow health safety protocols will have to be referred back to virtual learning.
• Families who chose not to transition to in-person learning will remain under a virtual instructional model.
• The Returning to Campus Website Page offers more detailed information about what to expect, general guidelines/procedures. In addition to safety and health measures in place to protect our school community. To view, click below or directly on Drew’s website: Return to Campus Webpage
Preparing for the 21-22 SY!
Month of July:
- 13th @6:30, Cheer Interest Meeting [Flyer Details Here/w Zoom Link]
- 20th @6:30, Cheer Interest Meeting [Flyer Details Here/w Zoom Link]
- 21st, Drew U **Virtual**
- 23rd, Open House Virtual
- 26th, Laptop Pickup – Outside the cafeteria
- 27th, First Day of School
- 27th-30th, Student Orientation
- 28th -30th, Cheer Try Outs [Cheer Interest Participation Required]
- Aug 06, Fall Registration Closes
hours minutes seconds
First Day of School for Students
27th-30th, Student Orientation
hours minutes seconds
Fall Registration Closes
Guardian Participation Welcomed!
Principal Coffee REMINDER:
If you missed the information from the last Principal’s Coffee please see the slideshow below:
Typically, high school is the time when young Eagles are maturing and are prepared to fly on their own. Encourage this independent practice. They will still need the watchful eye to guide them in their development and learning. Please do so during breaks and refrain from interrupting live instruction for the benefit of the students and teachers. The slideshow will include some additional ways you can support your learner in the virtual environment.
STEAM Portfolio Information
Our campus has been certified as a STEAM School twice so far… The Elementary Academy earned this recognition in 2017 and the Junior Academy earned the recognition in 2018 from the Georgia Department of Education.
This important designation was created to recognize institutions committed to providing high-quality educational opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math. The certifications confirm Drew’s position as a statewide leader in innovative education. Of course, the marathon continues- Drew’s Senior Academy is also in the process of earning this certification next!
We began pre-COVID and with new systems in place the process has resumed. This section will highlight student work which will be submitted for STEAM CERTIFICATION. Please note, ALL SENIOR ACADEMY students will have a portfolio displayed for this certification, for additional support or to work with the STEAM team on this portfolio please reach out to
Students will have a collection of their work and thoughts that will remain in their hands throughout their life. Portfolios can be used for college entrance applications, job applications, and scholarship applications.
To view the 2021 Portfolio Tip & Kudos to add or mirror in your Portfolio: CLICK HERE
The PTA Needs YOU!
This year, more than ever, Drew teachers and families need our support!
What do the PTA dues and fundraising efforts pay for (especially during the 2020-21 school year)?
- Teacher Appreciation Gifts
- Donations to The Opportunity Fund – which supports Drew families
- Teacher and Classroom Grants – for projects enhancing student learning
- Some past examples include:
- Leveled library with cart to be shared across a single grade level
- Class set of guitars
- iPads/Chromebooks for use within a specific classroom
- Beekeeping materials and bees
- Drones for a robotics club
- Materials and choreography for a choral performance
- This support for our students, teachers and families would not be possible without your membership!
Join or renew today! www.drewcharterschoolpta.com
Support the Drew PTA at Amazon Smile:
click here >> https://smile.amazon.com/ch/58-2577634 << click here
Order through Amazon Smile link, and Amazon will make a donation to the Drew PTA.
Shop and Support Drew at the same time!
Shop online for anything…and 15% of your purchase goes to the Drew Charter PTA.
Includes FREE direct shipping, so it makes a great gift for loved
ones across the country!