Purpose – Drew Charter School serves as a key component of the cradle-to-college pipeline within the holistic East Lake neighborhood revitalization. Appreciating our unique status as a mixed-income school, Drew Charter School’s primary purpose is to provide an excellent education to all children living in the Villages of East Lake so that each student reaches his or her full potential and is launched on a pathway to health, impact and prosperity.
Vision – Drew Charter School students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change in the world.
Mission – Drew Charter School is an exemplary, innovative education community that empowers all students to achieve their full potential.
- The Boys Golf Team for winning the 2019 State Championship in Class A Public Golf! The team was led by captain, All State Golfer, Anthony Ford.
- The Lady Eagles place 4th in the Golf State Championship! They were led by Adia Barnes and Hailey Fisher.
- Class of 2019 Alumnus DeGreer Harris who was selected for the Council of the Great City Schools-Bernard Harris Scholarship Program. This program was established to encourage minority students to pursue college degrees and careers in science, technology, engineering and math. The scholarship was created by former NASA astroanaut Dr. Bernard Harris, the first African-American to walk in space. The four winners of the 2019 scholarships were chosen from several hundred applicants in urban school districts represented by the Council of the Great City Schools for their academic performance, leadership qualities and community involvement. Each scholar will receive $5,000 for continued education in a STEM related field. Click here to read the press release.
- The following students whose work was selected for the National Center for Civil and Human Rights Art Exhibit! After a review from the judges’ panel, The Center selected 91 works for exhibition, representing the work of over 70 students in the metro area. We are thrilled to announce the selection of the following students from Drew Charter that displayed in the Awoken student art showcase exhibit.
|Jada Allen||Drew Charter||Untitled|
|Deja Stafford||Drew Charter||My Hair|
|Jalen McCurty||Drew Charter||Shut Up and Dribble|
|Nakeera Stewart||Drew Charter||Poverty|
|Jada Allen||Drew Charter||untitled|
- Summer Reading List – Attached is the link to access summer reading materials for students who signed up for AP classes next school year. https://tinyurl.com/APSummer19
- Drew Opportunity Fund – In recognition of Mr. Don Doran, Head of School, and his decade of leadership we are delighted to announce the launch of the Drew Opportunity Fund. Join us in thanking Mr. Doran for his years of service by making a donation in his honor today! Learn more
- Paying Lunch Balances – Please note that Drew JA/SA academies do not offer free lunch without the completion of the Federal Eligibility Application completed each school year. To monitor student nutrition activity visit this website at www.MySchoolBucks.com. Any student with an outstanding balance can pay down the balance by using the website above, money can also be added to students’ accounts on the website.
- Until you receive a letter or notice of approval after completing the Federal Eligibility Application your student(s) account will still be charged the full price of meals.
- Applications will be released the first week of school.
- Should you have questions regarding your students status AFTER COMPLETION OF THE APPLICATION, you may call Nutrition at 404-802-2540.