Purpose – Drew Charter School serves as a key component of the cradle-to-college pipeline within the holistic East Lake neighborhood revitalization. Appreciating our unique status as a mixed-income school, Drew Charter School’s primary purpose is to provide an excellent education to all children living in the Villages of East Lake so that each student reaches his or her full potential and is launched on a pathway to health, impact and prosperity.
Vision – Drew Charter School students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change in the world.
Mission – Drew Charter School is an exemplary, innovative education community that empowers all students to achieve their full potential.
- The College and Career Readiness Team for an awesome First Annual HBCU Night, last Thursday!
- The Book Buddy Program for continuing this school year! It was kicked of in Mrs. Moore and Mr. Weems class and it was a great time between EA and SA students! Shout out to Mrs. Ricks for being the creator of such an awesome program!
- Ms. Isbell, Ms. McKenzie, and the Yearbook Class for assisting with the execution of Picture Day!
- Mr. Myers and Ms. Livingston for helping with the Picture Day schedule and loaning students blazers!
- The Drew Operations Team for continuous support with events and complications around the building!
- Ms. Mayes for her upcoming conference empowering our students and offering entrepreneurial opportunities for our students and the community [see flyer below]!
- Mr. Colbert for his management of the school store for uniform and spirit wear!
Week of: 09/17/18 – 09/23/18
Norm of the Week: Act Responsibly
|09/17 | B
|09/18 | A
|09/19 | B
Wednesday – IMPORTANT – Please read this letter regarding changes to traffic and parking during the Tour Championship
|09/20 | A
Thursday – IMPORTANT – Please read this letter regarding changes to traffic and parking during the Tour Championship
|09/21 | B
Friday – IMPORTANT – Please read this letter regarding changes to traffic and parking during the Tour Championship
|09/22 and 09/23 | Saturday and Sunday
|Week of 9/24-9/30
|Other Upcoming Events
- SA PTA Parent Gatherings – This past Thursday, September 13th at 8:15 am we hosted our first PTA Senior Academy Parent Gathering (similar to EA and JA Principal’s Coffees) in the Eva Davis Board Room. These gatherings typically occur every third Thursday of the month, alternating between 8:15 am and 5:00 pm. The topic was “Choosing a college major; strategies parents can employ to help their kids with this decision” with Michelle Turpeau. If you were unable to attend see the link here for a recording of this presentation. Our next PTA Parent Gathering will be held on Thursday, October 18th at 5:00 pm. Do you have a suggestion for a future Parent Gathering topic? Please email our PTA Vice President, Wanda Ray.
- Freshman & Sophomore Parent Night Presentation – If you were unable to attend or if you would like to review the information covered at the Freshman & Sophomore Parent Night, refer to this link for the full presentation.
- New Athletics Website – Want to keep up with our amazing Eagle athletes? Check out our new athletics website.
- Soaring: 7th Annual Community Arts Exhibit – It’s that time of year again! Each fall art takes center stage at our annual SOARING: Community Arts Exhibition showcasing the artistic talents of Drew Charter School staff, parents and community artists. Mark your calendars “SAVE THE DATE” for the 7th Annual SOARING: DCS Community Arts Exhibition on Thursday, November 8, 2018 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm at the Zaban Recreation Center located at 241 Daniel Avenue SE Atlanta, GA 30317. Please let us know if you or a family member would be interested in participating as a literary, visual or performing artist. In addition to participating artists, we need food donations and volunteers to assist in planning and implementing our show. You may express your interest to participate in the 7th Annual SOARING by emailing one of our Visual Arts team members as shown below.
- Visual Artists – SA: Lieu Nguyen… Lieu.email@example.com
- Performing Artists – JA/SA: Kevin Parker…. Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers – EA: Collins Anderson…. Collins.email@example.com
- Food/ Reception Donations – JA/SA: Renee Ruffin …. Renee.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reminder: PSAT – The PSAT is coming soon for all 9th, 10th and 11th grade students. Students can begin preparing for exam by using the following websites:
- Reminder: PTA – Don’t miss out on adding to your students’ experience at DREW! Click here to join the PTA.
- Reminder: Jeans Passes – This year Jeans Passes will be distributed to students based on school norms starting this month. The norm of the week: Act Responsibly
- Reminder: Federal Eligibility Applications –
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS have been emailed with the information to complete the application for lunch [FEA]. This is a yearly request. The data collected directly contributes to the federal funding the school receives.
- NOTE: The deadline has passed students are now being charged the full price of any meal they receive at Drew.
- Reminder: Yearbook – You can now purchase a Drew yearbook, 160 color pages, hardback, $35 online until March 29, 2019 at this link: https://bit.ly/2vU6jex Any questions? Contact: Emily Isbell.
- Drew Charter School Annual Fall Festival– Vendors, games, prizes, concessions, and music by DJ B Samples!
- $5 for kids, adults free, Sept 29th 12-4pm
- SAVE THE DATE! Look out for information on securing a vendor booth and for tickets to go on sale online soon!