Purpose – Drew Charter School serves as a key component of the cradle-to-college pipeline within the holistic East Lake neighborhood revitalization. Appreciating our unique status as a mixed-income school, Drew Charter School’s primary purpose is to provide an excellent education to all children living in the Villages of East Lake so that each student reaches his or her full potential and is launched on a pathway to health, impact and prosperity.
Vision – Drew Charter School students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change in the world.
Mission – Drew Charter School is an exemplary, innovative education community that empowers all students to achieve their full potential.
Shout outs to:
- Mr. Powell, who joins us as our second 11th grade Special Education teacher!
- The class of 2020, who have been actively filming for their LIT (Literature in Theater) project! [See picture above]
- Ms. McKenzie for working to ensure we have MAP ELA/Math data for all 9th/10th grade!
- Ms. Wilder and Ms. Hecht for going above and beyond to provide accommodations to 9th grade students in need!
- Ms. McIntyre, Ms. Jordan, Ms. Miles, and Mr. Prince for their thoughtful integrated planning of the 9th grade ELA/Math Support class!
- Ms. Hood for engaging the Advanced Physical Science students in hands-on learning and preparing them for SA!
- Ms. Simmons and Ms. Nguyen for the awesome collaboration and creative ideas for the new integrated Chemistry/Art class!
- Ms. Jordan, Mr. Prince, Ms. Duffie, Ms.Hecht, and Mr. Robinson for beginning to administer STAR custom and using that data to support their students!
- Ms. Hecht for personally making sure each of the students on her caseload goes to Extended Learning everyday!
- Mr. Canney and Mr. Baker for being proactive to gather and use MAP data for new juniors!
- Ms. Davis and Mr.Richardson for continuing to work to ensure all students have the best schedule to meet their needs!
|Week of: 08/13/18 – 08/19/18|
|08/20 | A
|08/21 | B
|08/22 | A
|08/23 | B
|08/24 | A
Friday – Half-Day for Parent Conferences
- Week of 08/27-09/01
- Flex Time – Clubs: Peer Leadership Group A, Beekeeping, Student Government Association, Football, Young Black Excellence, Debate Team, Yearbook
- 5:30 – Softball vs McNair [Home – Southside Softball Complex]
- 6:00 – Varsity Volleyball @ Weber
- 8/28, 4:30 – Talent Development Committee Meeting
- Flex Time – Extended-Learning: 10th and 12th Grades
6:00 – Junior Grade-Level Parent Night[Changed to 9/20 at 6:00 pm]
- 6:00 – JV Volleyball vs Weber/Paideia [@Paideia]
- 5:30 – Varsity Volleyball vs Druid Hills/Heritage [@Heritage]
- 5:30 – Softball @ Westlake
- Week of 09/03-09/07
- 9/3 – No School – Labor Day
- 9/4, Flex Time – Clubs: Peer Leadership Group B, Beta Club, Math Mentors, Academic Decathlon, Debate Team, National Art Honor Society
- Flex Time – Extended-Learning: Pathways, 9th, 11th and 12th Grades
- 6:00 – 10th Grade Parent Night
- Other Events:
- 9/13, 8:15-9:30 – 1st PTA Parent Gathering of the year [Eva Davis Board Room]
- 5/18, 4:00 pm – TENTATIVE: Class of 2019 Graduation
- Student Infinite Campus Access – It is critical that students have access to Infinite Campus to see their current grades. Students should reach out to their Advisory teachers for their login credentials and passwords.
- PTA – Don’t miss out! Join us for a fun parents-only evening of cocktails and light refreshments. See flyer below. RSVP and register your children for babysitting here: http://www.drewcharterschoolpta.com/cocktails-at-the-park. Click here to join the PTA.
- Jeans Passes – This year Jeans Passes will be distributed to students based on school norms starting in September. During the last week of August students have the opportunity to earn a jeans pass if their PARENTS/GUARDIANS have completed the application for lunch [FEA] This is a yearly request. The data collected directly contributes to the federal funding the school receives.
- Yearbook- You can now purchase a Drew yearbook, 160 color pages, hardback, $35 online until March 29, 2019 at this link: https://bit.ly/2vU6jex Any questions? Contact: Emily Isbell.
- Leadership Opportunity – Students interested in tutoring Junior Academy students should see Mr. Morrison for applications to join Math Mentors. This opportunity is open to 10-12th grade students.