Purpose – Drew Charter School serves as a key component of the cradle-to-college pipeline within the holistic East Lake neighborhood revitalization. Appreciating our unique status as a mixed-income school, Drew Charter School’s primary purpose is to provide an excellent education to all children living in the Villages of East Lake so that each student reaches his or her full potential and is launched on a pathway to health, impact and prosperity.
Vision – Drew Charter School students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change in the world.
Mission – Drew Charter School is an exemplary, innovative education community that empowers all students to achieve their full potential.
- THE CLASS OOF 2018! GRADUATION WAS A SUCCESS!
- Shoutout to Joyah Mitchell for recognition at the District Wide Social Studies Awards Program ; winning Best in Class IV (11th and 12th grade) for her Social Studies Fair Project “Prison Privatization: How are Minority Adolescents Effected?”!
- Shoutout to senior Kaitlyn Taylor for being accepted into a paid summer science internship with the Department of Defense this summer!
- Shoutout to Nazjaa Hughson for scoring an 8 on the reading section of the Spanish STAMP exam. This is considered Advanced Mid, which is a proficiency range normally expected after 6 or more years of language study!
- Shoutout to Payton Gunner she has been selected as one of two Atlanta students to join the Harvard Debate Team this summer as they debate the Henrietta Lacks case and the issue of ethics in Bio-Medical Research.
- Shoutout all the 11th grade students and their Vietnam Veterans Project Showcase for US History! The Veterans were proud of how the students captured their history through interviews, while learning about the history of the United States involvement in various wars. (Here is their Documentary that will go to the Library of Congress).
STUDENT BIRTHDAYS !!
05/21 – 05/27
|05/21 | Monday | “A” Day
|05/22 | Tuesday | “B” Day
|05/23 | Wednesday | “A” Day
|05/24 | Thursday | “B” Day
|05/25 | Friday | “A” Day
- June 4-15th – Summer Bridge Program for rising ninth grade students [Georgia Tech]
- AP COURSE Assignments- Please look below to the link to check out the Summer Reading List and AP Course Assignments
- Be sure to check out the AP Course Work / Summer Reading List!
- Reminder: Vacancies – We are currently looking to fill the following vacancies for the 2018-2019 school year. If you know of qualified and interested candidates, please encourage them to apply on our website. Some of these teachers may not have spoken with their students so please do not share this information beyond interested candidates.
- English/Language Arts
- Special Education
|Agnes Scott College||Jocelyn Gresham, Erin Harris, Amber Donerlson|
|Alabama A&M University||Jayla Thrash|
|Alabama State University|
|Augusta University||D’Arius Kelly|
|Boston University||Kenise Neal, Posse Scholar|
|Clark Atlanta University||Sydney Robinson, Chandler Daniel|
|College of Coastal Georgia||Patrick Person, Krystina Bennett|
|Dalton State College||Christopher Smith|
|East Georgia State College|
|Fisk University||Evan Flemming & Tanesheia Arnold, 5 Strong Scholars|
|Florida A&M University||Makiya Ferguson, Xavier Jones|
|Full Sail University|
|George Washington University|
|Georgia Gwinnett College||Ariel Hodges, Zachary Allen, Orlandria Royals, Tonija Mayo, Shakiya Moreland|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||Xavier Brown, Noa Holloway|
|Georgia Southern University||Jade Burney, Blake Turpeau|
|Georgia State University||Ariana Cason, Anastasia Brantley, Danice Lewis, Alona Bell, Anthony Heard, Vincent Reynolds|
|Gordon State College|
|Hofstra University||Madison Grant|
|Howard University||Nia Anderson, Elijah McKennie|
|Int’l Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||Demetrius Chatman|
|Johns Hopkins University|
|Kennesaw State University||Jalil Liscomb, Carolyn Muhammad, Jordan Wilson, Zion McGee|
|Lafayette College||Thiago Pena-McCoy|
|Langston University||Eyshea McCorkle, 5 Strong Scholar|
|Leap Year||Dontavius Madison, Alexis Snead, Jasmine Aycock, Mya Scott|
|Louisiana State University||Oliscea Taylor|
|Loyola University New Orleans|
|Mary Baldwin University|
|Marymount Manhattan College|
|Miles College||Mya Lester|
|North Carolina A&T University|
|North Carolina Central University|
|Old Dominion University|