Purpose – Drew Charter School serves as a key component of the cradle-to-college pipeline within the holistic East Lake neighborhood revitalization. Appreciating our unique status as a mixed-income school, Drew Charter School’s primary purpose is to provide an excellent education to all children living in the Villages of East Lake so that each student reaches his or her full potential and is launched on a pathway to health, impact and prosperity.
Vision – Drew Charter School students are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and passion to create positive change in the world.
Mission – Drew Charter School is an exemplary, innovative education community that empowers all students to achieve their full potential.
Senior Academy Priorities for the Year
- A school where character and school culture are developed through positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the community.
- A school where we facilitate high quality STEAM/PBL learning, and everyone understands how these principles and practices prepare students for postsecondary success.
- A school that supports all students’ intellectual, social, and emotional growth and understands how these elements impact learning and development.
- Peyton Rodgers and Justin Yarbrough who placed 2nd and 6th, respectively, at the Area Cross Country Meet as well as the boys team who placed 3rd and the girls team placed 4th. We are headed to STATE [see picture above]!
- The members of Mu Alpha Theta and Ms. Isbell for participating in their first math competition this past Saturday!
- Ms. Hood for being awarded a 3 for $300 mini-grant at the Georgia STEM Conference!
- Ms. Klein for providing a great field trip experience to hear from a living civil rights legend, James Meredith, for the SQUAAD club and her students!
- Mr. McCullough, Ms. Allen and Ms. Might for their commitment to the STAMP assessment for measuring Spanish proficiency!
- Ms. Bryant and Ms. White for all of their leadership in planning STEAM Career Day!
- Ms. Weaver (formerly Ms. Kaney) and her team for coordinating the PSAT administrations!
- UPCOMING STUDENT BIRTHDAYS!
- Jaiquez Denny Oct 30
- Raven Jackson Oct 30
- Orlandria Royals Oct 30
- Jourdan Dixon Oct 31
- Nalah Ruffin Oct 31
- Sydney Robinson Nov 3
- Rayah Wilson Nov 3
|WEEKS 15 ~ (10/30- 11/04)|
|10/30| Monday | “A” Day
|10/31 | Tuesday | “B” Day
|11/01 | Wednesday | “A” Day
|11/02 | Thursday | “B” Day
|11/03 | Friday | “A” Day
|11/04 | Saturday
- Flex Time – Homecoming Coronation
- 4:00-6:00 – PBL Showcase
- 6:30-8:30 – Drew’s Got Talent [6-12th Grade – Theater]
- 11/9, 6pm-8pm – Soaring: 6th Annual Community Art Exhibit – Silent Auction – Pop Up Shop @ Namaste Yoga Indigo Spa 2033 Hosea L. Williams Dr. NE Atlanta Ga 30317
- 11/10 –
- Flex Time – Dance be-CAUSE Assembly [Theater]
- 3:00-4:00 – Homecoming Pep Rally [Gym]
- One Act State Championship [First Presbyterian Day School – Macon, GA]
- Atlanta Urban Debate Tournament at Drew
- Vex Robotics Competition
- 4:30 – Varsity Girls Basketball @ West Forsyth
- 11/13-11/17 – Homecoming Week [See calendar of events below]
- 11/14, 2:45-6:00 – Junior Mock ACT Exam
- 11/15, 4:30 – Teaching and Learning Committee Meeting
- 11/16, 8:15 am – SA PTA Parent Gathering [Eva Davis Board Room]
- 4th Period – Homecoming Pep Rally
- 6:00 – Homecoming Basketball Game vs. Maynard Jackson
- 11/18, 9:00-11:00 – Homecoming Dance [Cafeteria]
- 11/20-11/24 – Thanksgiving Break
- 11/27 – B-Week Clubs
- 5/19, 4:00 pm – Class of 2018 Graduation Ceremony [Main Gym]
- June 4-15th – Summer Bridge Program for rising ninth grade students [Georgia Tech]
- November 3 Drew PTA Spirit Day at SkyView Ferris Wheel – Join the Drew Charter School PTA on November 3rd’s Early Release Day for fun at SkyView Atlanta,168 Luckie St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303! Make sure to mention that you are at SkyView for the Drew PTA, and receive a 10% discount on your ticket purchases. Additionally, a portion of your ticket fee will be donated back to the Drew PTA by SkyView! Good during SkyView’s operating hours on November 3 – 12 pm to 12 am. Towering nearly 20 stories above Centennial Park, the SkyView Ferris wheel features 42 climate-controlled gondolas providing guests with breathtaking panoramic views of downtown Atlanta and the surrounding metropolitan area. Pack a picnic, and before or after your ride on SkyView, join other Drew families near the playground in Centennial Olympic Park near the playground for more fun in downtown Atlanta! Note: This is NOT a drop off event. Parents are responsible for transportation, supervision, and fees for their students at this event.
- LAB Atlanta – Lab Atlanta is a Midtown-based semester school for 10th graders offering an honors-level academic curriculum and immersive, city-based design and innovation experience. Students apply to attend and, if accepted and enrolled, leave their home school for one semester to join other curious and engaged students from the city’s public and independent schools. Students earn core academic credits in a diverse and inclusive environment that builds civic leadership, design, and innovation skills. Lab Atlanta is sponsored by The Lovett School and supported by the generous contributions of individuals, families, and leading local and national foundations. If you or your student is interested in participating in LAB Atlanta this spring. Please contact Mr. Richardson, 10th Grade Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder: PTA Parent Gatherings –
- On October 19th we hosted our third PTA Senior Academy Parent Gathering. Thank you to Mr. Doug Ammar from the Georgia Justice Project for presenting.
- These gatherings will occur every third Thursday of the month, alternating between 8:15 am and 5:00 pm. The next Parent Gathering will be held at 8:15 am on Thursday, November 16th in the Eva Davis Board Room.
- Click Here to Become a PTA Member